Did You Know
- Veterans make up 1.6 million, or approximately 12 percent of Florida's current population.
- Florida has the third largest population of male and female veterans in the nation after Texas and California.
- Over 435,000 veterans live in the eight counties surrounding Tampa.
- James A. Haley houses one of the nation’s five Polytrauma Rehabilitation Centers providing care for veterans and service members who have experienced severe injuries to more than one organ system.
- Women veterans are one of the fastest growing groups in the veteran population. With more than 1.9 million female veterans nation-wide, 166,000 call Florida home.